If you want to get one grip higher today, become a better listener. So, how do you get better at listening? Try asking better questions. Here are a list of great questions that will ensure your conversations elevate. These questions come from one of my favorite authors, Gordon MacDonald.
- Tell me what it takes to do a job like yours with excellence.
- What are the great challenges a person faces?
- Where do you confront ethical and moral questions?
- What is there about this sort of task that brings on fatigue or discouragement?
- Do you ever ask yourself about the ways God is present in this job?
- Tell me your life story in four minutes and don’t leave anyone important out.
- Define each decade of your life with one word.
Try asking questions like these and I am certain you will find yourself listening more intently to what your friends and acquaintances have to say.