If you want to get One Grip Higher… deliver happiness!
Online retail giant Zappos has the slogan, “Delivering Happiness!” That slogan alone made me visit the website… heck, I might even buy something from them! I have heard about Zappos a lot in various business magazines and books. I never visited the website until I heard the slogan. I love the idea of a company being centered around bringing happiness to the consumer. Do you do that? Do you deliver happiness to those you influence?
So, you might say, “Jason, that’s nice and all, but how do you actually deliver happiness.” Well, I would start by looking over the 10 core values of the Zappos corporate office.
Zappos 10 Core Values
- Deliver WOW through service
- Embrace and drive change
- Create fun and a little weirdness
- Be adventurous, creative and open minded
- Pursue growth and learning
- Build open and honest relationships with communication
- Build a positive team and family spirit
- Do more with less
- Be passionate and determined
- Be humble
- Application 1: Write it down on an index card and carry it in your wallet. Every time you pay for something you will see it and it will remind you of one way you can “Deliver Happiness!”
- Application 2: Set an alarm on your phone for the middle of the day… if your phone allows you to include a note associated with your alarm, make it remind you of the core value you are trying to implement in your life. Your alarm will go off at work or school and remind you to “Deliver Happiness!”